All about the CPA Exam
The Kentucky Society of CPAs (KyCPA) has developed this brochure to inform candidates about the general format and administration of the Uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam. However, certain information is only applicable to Kentucky’s examination candidates. Since state regulations vary, CPA Exam candidates are encouraged to apply to sit for the examination in the state in which they plan to practice. Anyone planning to take the CPA Exam should regularly review the information posted on the Web sites listed below for updates.
- Eligibility Requirements to sit for the CPA Exam in Kentucky
- Application and Instructions for candidates planning to sit for the CPA Exam in Kentucky
- Exam Candidate Bulletin published by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy--all about the CPA Exam
- AICPA CPA Examination Website. Includes an overview, tutorial, sample tests, data on pass rates & other resources
- List of test centers available
- List of test center policies and procedures of the CPA Exam
Official Uniform CPA Examination Web site
• Exam tutorial showing question formats and sample questions
• Exam practice tests
Since 1917, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) has prepared and graded the CPA Exam, while individual states have established the educational requirements to sit for the Exam. The Exam is administered in a computerized format at Prometric test sites throughout the country during the first two months of every quarter (referred to as “testing windows”).
For more information about the Exam contact:
Kentucky State Board of Accountancy
332 West Broadway #310
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone: 502.595.3037 Fax: 502.595.4500
Kentucky Society of CPAs
1735 Alliant Avenue
Louisville, KY 40299
Phone: 502.266.5272 or 800.292.1754
CPA…three letters, a million possibilities.