College Leadership Institute
June 1-2, 2018 - Gratzer Education Center, Louisville
A free, two-day program for college accounting majors designed to:
- Enhance professional skills
- Develop leadership skills desired by prospective employers
- Master interviewing techniques to help edge out the competition for internships and jobs
- Perfect networking and communication skills
- Learn about career opportunities and get the inside scoop on hiring practices
The College Leadership Institute is an innovative program for Kentucky and southern Indiana college accounting students interested in enhancing their professional skills and networking with other talented accounting students and professionals. CPA professionals representing several aspects of the profession will talk about career opportunities and provide valuable insight into steps you can take now to be successful. A continental breakfast and networking lunch are included; the second day will conclude with a Meet the Firms Networking Reception. Students are selected
to attend through a nomination process and may self-nominate or ask an
accounting professor to nominate them. Educators are encouraged to nominate
multiple students. Complimentary hotel accommodations provided for out of town attendees.
Applications to the 2018 College Leadership Institute will be accepted Feb. 1, 2018 - Apr. 30, 2018.
- Full-time student at an accredited college or university in Kentucky or southern Indiana with the intent to (or with an existing) major in accounting.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Must be at least a sophomore, have completed two accounting courses and be enrolled in the 2018 academic year for at least one semester.
- Maintain a 2.75 GPA (preferred). If less than 2.75, the recommending educator must provide a short explanation.
- Recommendation by educator should be teaching (or have taught) the student applicant.
There are two steps to the application process:
Both forms take just minutes to complete.
1. Student completes the online Student Application, prints a copy and submits it to the recommending educator.
2. The educator completes the online Teacher Recommendation Form.
Here's what a few College Leadership Institute alumni have said:
"I am so happy I took advantage of this opportunity. The information received on all topics from career options, ethics, exam prep and experience, interviewing and body language were incredibly valuable. I have been at my job for 5 years so the mock interview was great! It was insightful to get to pick the brains of professionals across the different professions in the accounting field. I would highly recommend this Leadership Institute to anyone going into the accounting field. You won't regret it!"
"This event provides a great overview of information for different accounting topics then turns the focus on how to become leaders in an accounting career or in life. The event is very thought out and beneficial to learning more information on accounting."
"I learned a lot from this experience and I would not have learned most of this in the classroom and this was the perfect place for this experience."
" At the institute, I gained valuable knowledge and insight into the CPA profession. This was an invaluable experience that I would highly recommend to any accounting major."
Sponsor and Exhibitor Opportunities
You have an opportunity to be part of this exceptional program! One of the key benefits of the College Leadership Institute is that is is FREE for students to attend. In order to make this possible, the Society is offering several sponsorship opportunities. While there are different levels of involvement available, all sponsorship's provide a chance for your company to meet some of Kentucky and southern Indiana's most promising accounting majors. The program will conclude with a Meet the Firms Networking Reception from 4:30-5:30 pm EDT.
Don’t miss this chance to meet these gifted students right before the beginning of recruiting season! Download a Sponsorship/Exhibitor Information Form for the details of each sponsorship level. Not in a position to sponsor this year? You and representatives from your firm will still be welcome at the reception! All sponsors will be recognized during the program, in the student manual, on signage, in The Kentucky CPA Journal and on the KyCPA Website.
For additional information about the College Leadership Institute contact Samantha Soutar firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-266-5272 (800-292-1754 in Ky.)
CPA…three letters, a million possibilities.