The Educational Foundation of KyCPA Scholarships
Since 1988, the Foundation has provided scholarships in amounts from $1,000 to $2,500. The scholarships recognize scholastic achievement and leadership qualities in students who plan to become CPAs. Scholarship awards are based on acceptable academic performance and financial need. If you are an outstanding accounting student attending a Kentucky college or university and meet the eligibility requirements described below, you are eligible to apply for a college scholarship from the Educational Foundation of the KyCPA.
Applications for a 2017 scholarship accepted Dec. 1, 2016 - Feb. 20, 2017 (8:00 am EST)
Recipients of 2016 scholarships will be notified by March 31, 2016. Scholarships will be presented at the Kentucky Society of CPAs Spring Awards Banquet in Louisville scheduled for April 29, 2016, at the Galt House Hotel in downtown Louisville; details to be provided.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a Kentucky-based college or university and be at least a sophomore at the time of application,
- Be a U.S. citizen,
- Have an overall grade point average of at least 2.75 and an accounting grade point average of 3.0,
- Have completed Principles of Accounting,
- Have completed or are enrolled in Intermediate Accounting,
- Indicate plans to sit for the CPA exam (applicants who have completed all or parts of the exam are also eligible),
- Intend to stay and work/live in Kentucky upon graduation,
- If selected, recipient needs to agree to submit an application for student membership for the KyCPA before the scholarship is awarded.
To apply for a scholarship:
Applications for a 2017 scholarship will be accepted Dec. 1, 2016 - Feb. 20, 2017 (8:00 am EST); the Application Form will be open by Dec. 1, 2016. When completing then application you will be prompted to create a KyCPA online account.Google Chrome is the recommended browser for optimum processing. If using a different browser it may take several hours for your online account to be processed. After logging into your KyCPA online account you may complete the application. The documents below must be uploaded upon completion of the application. If you complete the application and are missing documents you will need to start the application process over again. Documents should be uploaded as a single .pdf file appearing in the following order:
- College transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- One-page resume. Include info on community service, academic organizations and activities.
- One-page essay stating career goals, reasons for choosing accounting, how you are financing your education and why you should receive this scholarship.
- One recommendation from an accounting faculty member who has taught you. If you do NOT have the recommendation when completing the application: Enter contact info for the faculty member in the space provided on the the application. E-mails will be sent to you and the professor regarding your recommendation. Reminder e-mails will be sent periodically until the recommendation is received or by the application close date.
The application and above documents are due by Feb. 20, 2017 (8:00 am EST).
Brown-Forman Corporation is sponsoring two scholarships and two full-time, paid summer internships for African-American students. Students meeting KyCPA Scholarship eligibility requirements may apply. Indicate your interest in the area provided on the scholarship application form. You may apply for both the scholarship and internship. Please do not apply for the internship if you will not be available to work summer 2017.
2015 Scholarship Recipients
Information on 2016 scholarship will be available soon. In 2015, the Educational Foundation of the Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants (KyCPA) awarded $62,500 in scholarships to college students studying accounting on behalf of the Foundation and other benefactors. Press Release.
American Institute of CPAs Scholarships
Students can also apply for AICPA scholarships at ThisWaytoCPA. The deadline is April 1.
CPA...three letters, a million possibilities.
Click below to make a contribution to the Educational Foundation using Paypal.