The Educational Foundation of KyCPA Scholarships
Since 1988, the Foundation has provided scholarships in amounts from $1,000 to $2,500. The scholarships recognize scholastic achievement and leadership qualities in students who plan to become CPAs. Scholarship awards are based on acceptable academic performance and financial need. If you are an outstanding accounting student attending a Kentucky college or university and a U.S. citizen, you are eligible to apply for a college scholarship from the Educational Foundation of the KyCPA.
Applications for a 2015 scholarship accepted Dec. 1 2014 - Feb. 9, 2015
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by Feb. 9, 2015. Scholarship winners will be notified by March 31. Scholarships will be presented at the Kentucky Society of CPAs Spring Awards Banquet in late April 2015.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a Kentucky-based college or university and be at least a sophomore at the time of application,
- Be a U.S. citizen,
- Have an overall grade point average of at least 2.75 and an accounting grade point average of 3.0,
- Have completed Principles of Accounting,
- Have completed or are enrolled in Intermediate Accounting,
- Indicate plans to sit for the CPA exam (applicants who have completed all or parts of the exam are also eligible),
- Intend to stay and work/live in Kentucky upon graduation,
- If selected, recipient needs to agree to submit an application for student membership for the KyCPA before the scholarship is awarded.
- KyCPA Scholarship Application (applications accepted Dec. 1, 2014 - Feb. 9, 2015)
- College transcript(s) (Transcript from school website acceptable). Submit in .pdf format.
- A one-page resume. Submit in .pdf format.
- A one-page essay stating career goals, reasons for choosing accounting, how you are financing your education and why you should receive this scholarship. Submit in .pdf format.
- Two recommendations, one of which must be from an accounting faculty member. Submit in .pdf format.
Brown-Forman Corporation is sponsoring two scholarships and two full-time, paid summer internships for Black/African American students. Qualified applicants should indicate their interest in the area provided on the application form. Please do not apply for a summer internship if you will not be available to work summer 2015.
Submitting college transcript(s), resumes, one-page essay and two recommendations:
- E-mail all documents in a .pdf format to Vicki Blair at: email@example.com
- E-mail Subject Line should read: Scholarship Documents: Your First and Last Name
- Recommendations submitted separately: Follow up to make sure recommendations are submitted by Feb.9 in a .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2014, the Educational Foundation of the Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants (KyCPA) awarded $50,000 in scholarships to college students studying accounting on behalf of the Foundation and other benefactors. Press Release.
American Institute of CPAs Scholarships
Students can also apply for AICPA scholarships at ThisWaytoCPA. The deadline is April 1.
CPA...three letters, a million possibilities.
Click below to contribute to the Educational Foundation of the Kentucky Society of CPAs. Thank you for your support.