The Educational Foundation of KyCPA Scholarships
Since 1988, the Foundation has provided scholarships in amounts from $1,000 to $2,500. The scholarships recognize scholastic achievement and leadership qualities in students who plan to become CPAs. Scholarship awards are based on acceptable academic performance and financial need. If you are an outstanding accounting student attending a Kentucky college or university and a U.S. citizen, you are eligible to apply for a college scholarship from the Educational Foundation of the KyCPA.
Applications for a 2015 scholarship accepted Dec. 1, 2014 - Feb. 20, 2015
Applications for 2015 scholarships are no longer being accepted. Applications for 2016 scholarships will be accepted Dec. 1, 2015 - Feb. 19, 2016. Recipients of 2015 scholarships will be notified by March 31. Scholarships will be presented at the Kentucky Society of CPAs Spring Awards Banquet in Louisville on April 24, 2015.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a Kentucky-based college or university and be at least a sophomore at the time of application,
- Be a U.S. citizen,
- Have an overall grade point average of at least 2.75 and an accounting grade point average of 3.0,
- Have completed Principles of Accounting,
- Have completed or are enrolled in Intermediate Accounting,
- Indicate plans to sit for the CPA exam (applicants who have completed all or parts of the exam are also eligible),
- Intend to stay and work/live in Kentucky upon graduation,
- If selected, recipient needs to agree to submit an application for student membership for the KyCPA before the scholarship is awarded.
Applications for a 2016 scholarships will be accepted Dec. 1, 2015 - Feb. 19, 2016
After completing the online application (available after Dec. 1, 2015), the documents below must be uploaded upon completion of the application. If you complete the application and are missing documents you will need to start the application process over again. Documents should be uploaded as a single .pdf file appearing in the following order:
- College transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- One-page resume. Include info on community service, academic organizations and activities.
- One-page essay stating career goals, reasons for choosing accounting, how you are financing your education and why you should receive this scholarship.
- Two recommendations, one must be from an accounting faculty member.
2014 Scholarship Recipients
In 2014, the Educational Foundation of the Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants (KyCPA) awarded $50,000 in scholarships to college students studying accounting on behalf of the Foundation and other benefactors. Press Release.
American Institute of CPAs Scholarships
Students can also apply for AICPA scholarships at ThisWaytoCPA. The deadline is April 1.
CPA...three letters, a million possibilities.
Click below to make a contribution to the Educational Foundation using Paypal.