The Educational Foundation of KyCPA Scholarships
Congratulations 2017 KyCPA Scholarship recipients! Pictured below are some of the recipients that were able to attend the 2017 KyCPA Spring Awards Banquet.
Since 1988, the Foundation has provided scholarships in amounts from $1,000 to $2,500. The scholarships recognize scholastic achievement and leadership qualities in students who plan to become CPAs. Scholarship awards are based on acceptable academic performance and financial need. If you are an outstanding accounting student attending an accredited Kentucky college or university and meet the eligibility requirements described below, you are eligible to apply for a college scholarship from the Educational Foundation of the KyCPA.
Applications for a 2018 scholarship accepted Dec. 1, 2017 - Feb. 19, 2018
Recipients of 2018 scholarships will be notified by March 31, 2018; scholarships will be presented at the Kentucky Society of CPAs Spring Awards Banquet scheduled for late April, 2018, in downtown Louisville; details to be provided.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited Kentucky-based college or university and be at least a sophomore at the time of application,
- Be a U.S. citizen,
- Have an overall grade point average of at least 2.75 and an accounting grade point average of 3.0,
- Have completed Principles of Accounting,
- Have completed or are enrolled in Intermediate Accounting,
- Indicate plans to sit for the CPA exam (applicants who have completed all or parts of the exam are also eligible),
- Intend to stay and work/live in Kentucky upon graduation,
- If selected, recipient needs to agree to submit an application for student membership for the KyCPA before the scholarship is awarded.
To apply for a scholarship:
Applications for a 2018 scholarship will be accepted Dec. 1, 2017 - Feb. 19, 2018. Before completing the application form you will be prompted to create a KyCPA online account. Google Chrome is the recommended browser for optimum processing. If using a different browser it may take several hours for your online account to be processed. After logging into your KyCPA online account you may start the application. After completing the application, upload the documents below as a single .pdf file appearing in the order shown. If you complete the application and are missing documents you will need to start the application process over again.
- College transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- One-page resume. Include info on community service, academic organizations and activities.
- One-page essay stating career goals, reasons for choosing accounting, how you are financing your education and why you should receive this scholarship.
- One recommendation from an accounting faculty member who has taught you. If you do NOT have the recommendation when completing the application: Enter contact info for the faculty member in the space provided at the end of the application. E-mails will be sent to you and the professor regarding your recommendation. Reminder e-mails will be sent periodically until the recommendation is received or by the application close date.
Applications accepted Dec. 1, 2017 - Feb. 19, 2018
2017 Scholarship Recipients
In 2017, the Educational Foundation of the Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants (KyCPA) awarded $71,499 in scholarships to college students studying accounting on behalf of the Foundation and other benefactors. Press Release.
American Institute of CPAs Scholarships
Students can also apply for AICPA scholarships at ThisWaytoCPA. The deadline is April 1.
CPA...three letters, a million possibilities.
Click below to make a contribution to the Educational Foundation using Paypal.