There are many ways to get involved and make an impact with the Kentucky Society of CPAs.
Other ways to be involved are by becoming a member of the KyCPA PAC to ensure the accounting profession continues to have a strong presence in Kentucky's legislative and regulatory activities.
KyCPA has many opportunities to reach these advisors by advertising in our award winning printed and electronic publications. We also provide businesses the opportunity to build relationship and reach out to our members by sponsoring and exhibiting at our conferences and events.
If you are a CPA and want to speak to high school students and teach how exciting and diverse this profession can be.
You may want to speak at one of the Kentucky Society of CPAs conferences. KyCPA is always pleased to consider new speakers and topics to keep our programs fresh and relevant.
KyCPA members may volunteer to be a committee member. It is the perfect opportunity to utilize skills in a forum where the contributions of each member are valued and important. The professional relationships developed will last a lifetime, and the time investment is minimal compared to the rewards received.
Volunteer Expense Reimbursement
KyCPA pipeline efforts
What has KyCPA done for the future of the profession lately? A lot. And we've done it with the help of members like you! Thanks for your active participation in our programs and events and your support. You can continue to help encourage young people to join the profession by becoming involved in KyCPA programs. Here's a brief list:
- Junior Achievement BizTown - Locations in Louisville and a new operation underway in Lexington teach elementary students the valued role of CPAs. Want to help? Donate to the Educational Foundation.
- BASE Camp - The Business and Accounting Summer Education Camp is offered tuition free to high schoolers and gives them a hands-on experience. Find out more.
- Accounting Interview Day - An annual recruitment event at college campuses. If your firm is interested in participating, contact Samantha Soutar at email@example.com.
- College scholarships - The KyCPA Educational Foundation awards scholarships to accounting students at Kentucky colleges. Find out more or donate to the Educational Foundation.
- College campus visits & KyCPA Student Ambassador program - Spreading the news about the many opportunities and career advantages of earning a CPA. If you'd like to speak to a classroom, contact Samantha Soutar at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a student interested in serving as an ambassador, find out more.
- College Leadership Institute - An annual leadership development program offered free to nominated and selected students. More info here.
- CPA Exam workshops. Offered free at multiple campuses. More info here.
- Awards banquets. KyCPA hosts spring and fall banquets for scholarships, Exam excellence and new CPAs. The 2016 Fall Awards Banquet is coming up Oct. 28. You'll find more info here or contact Heather Hibbs at email@example.com.
- KyCPA Leadership Academy. KyCPA offers its own leadership training program to those professionals who are striving to take their skills to the next level. The 2016 sessions will soon be underway. For more information, contact Darlene Zibart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CPE. No matter where you are in your career, you can enhance competencies. Go online to check out upcoming courses and conferences, or give us a call at 502-266-5272.