Early Bird Discount extended through Sept. 21
Level 2 prepares less-experienced staff for assuming a greater level of responsibility on engagements. Once staff have “gotten their feet wet” by participating on a few engagements, this course will help auditors thoughtfully reflect on their experiences, and help to take basic knowledge to the next level. This course will include many real-life case studies for common audit areas assigned to staff in the first year.
An additional 8 hours of self-study credits are available after the course to reinforce learning and allow for skills practice.
- Perform effective and efficient compilations and reviews
- Describe the fundamentals of strong analytical procedures on an audit
- Explain the fundamentals of sampling for attribute testing and substantive purposes
- Perform high quality audit procedures for common audit areas in nonpublic entities
- Discuss the financial statement drafting and issuance process, including significant elements of the auditor’s report
- Be familiar with the results of the numerous case studies, exercises, and illustrations that reinforce key learning points throughout the course
Each module includes a lecture followed by in-class group case studies and activities. In this two-day course, the following two-hour modules will be presented:
Module 1: Compilations and reviews -- Performing effective and efficient compilations and reviews
Module 2: A/R and revenue -- Auditing accounts receivable, including external confirmation requirements
Module 3: Property, plant, and equipment -- Auditing PP&E, including leases
Module 4: Inventory -- Auditing basic inventory -- performing physical inventory observations
Module 5: A/P, accrued expenses, and debt -- Auditing liabilities, including debt classification and covenants
Module 6: Analytical procedures -- Analytical procedure fundamentals used in an audit
Module 7: Sampling -- Audit sampling fundamentals
Module 8: Financial statement reporting -- Financial statement drafting and reporting fundamentals
Please select your preferred format.
Printed manuals can be ordered by in-person attendees 7+ days in advance of most seminars or conferences. Pick these up at registration the day of the event. Electronic versions can be saved to your desktop, laptop or storage device and can be printed in part or wholly by registered attendees.
Materials are generally available 3 days in advance of an event. Once you have downloaded the manual, we are unable to cancel your registration.