Our Payroll Hiring, Compliance & Forms course begins with an analysis of whether an individual is an employee or a sub-contractor. We discuss Employee types, Required tax and record-keeping forms, Filing requirements, Withholding and deposit rules, and Payroll forms.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Properly classify workers
- Identify and maintain the appropriate documentation to be compliant with payroll laws
- File for an Employer Identification Number
- Properly submit payroll tax deposit payments
- Determine if wages classify as taxable, Social Security, Medicare, and/or FUTA wages
- Determine which forms of compensation are subject to various state and federal taxes, access resources to monitor potential changes in requirements.