State tax reform resources
The Kentucky General Assembly passed significant tax reform via House Bill 8 on April 13, 2022. The Kentucky Department of Revenue is expected to administer regulatory guidance regarding the implementation of the new tax reform changes in the coming months. Any guidance administered by the Department will be posted on this website for ease of access.
Other tax reform measures that passed during the 2022 Regular Session include unemployment insurance reform via House Bill 4 and House Bill 144. Other tax changes passed into law include House Bill 607 regarding a new tax structure for pari-mutuel wagering.
- KyCPA summary of House Bill 8 and legislative review of major tax changes during the 2022 Regular Session
- Effective Dates:
- New pari-mutuel wagering tax structure: August 1, 2022
- New services subject to Kentucky's sales tax: January 1, 2023
- Internal Revenue Code conformity update, January 1, 2023
- Electric powered and hybrid vehicle taxes: January 1, 2024