KyCPA's first College to Accounting Professional University (CAP U) was held virtually, Friday, June 5. 15 students from 9 colleges and universities across the state completed the program. Each of the participants were recommended by an accounting educator.
This free event for college accounting majors was designed to enhance students’ professional skills, master interview techniques, perfect networking and communications skills, and learn about career opportunities. Thank you to the KyCPA Accounting Career Opportunities committee for their efforts in developing the program agenda.
Congratulations to the following student participants for completing KyCPA CAP U:
- Ethan Barren, Asbury University
- Julia Fry, Western Kentucky University
- Robert Hampton, Bellarmine University
- Austin Hickman, Lindsey Wilson College
- Jessica Howard, Eastern Kentucky University
- Ciarra Johnson, Eastern Kentucky University
- Alexus Maddox, University of Louisville
- Melissa Natour, Asbury University
- Hope Odubena, Asbury University
- Danila Pyzh, Brescia University
- Andrew Radak, Bellarmine University
- Stephanie Routh, Spalding University
- Nicholas Sheeley, Spalding University
- Khoi Tran, University of Kentucky
- Jenna Williams, University of Louisville
“This program increased my knowledge of the accounting profession, and it gave me a feel of what it’s like to work in accounting. The speakers provided relevant insight that answered lots of questions I had, as well as helpful tips for a successful career." Hope Odubena, Asbury University
“The College to Accounting Professional University (CAP U) virtual experience was truly an engaging, informative, and exciting opportunity! I learned so much about emerging technologies, communication, and leadership, and I am grateful for the chance to participate. Having these experiences to learn, network, and share with others really makes a difference in our personal and professional lives.” – Jenna Williams, University of Louisville
Thank you to the volunteers and presenters who shared their time and expertise with the group, including:
- Danielle Adair, CPA, Dean Dorton PLLC
- Jaclyn Badeau, CPA, Badeau Consulting LLC
- Cynthia Borden, CPA, BKD LLP
- Barbara Burridge, Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Emily Donovan, CPA, Atria Senior Living Group
- Cliff Fowler, CPA, Fowler Durham CPAs & Advisors PLLC
- Ashley Gonzalez, CPA, DMLO CPAs
- Megan Greer, CPA, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Amy Keighley, Ernst & Young LLP
- Georgia Keogh, CPA, Valvoline Inc.
- Bina Khatri, CPA, BKD LLP
- Steve King, CPA, Meyerowitz & King PLLC
- Emma Laura, Ernst & Young LLP
- Shara Lucio, CPA, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Blair Manning, CPA, KPMG LLP
- Aaron Miller, Leadership Louisville
- Tawni Miller, KyCPA
- Karen Milliner, Linguistical LLC
- Brittany Rebholz, CPA, Dean Dorton PLLC
- Jeff Ricketts, Dean Dorton PLLC
- Natalie Schuler, CPA, Dean Dorton PLLC
- Ali Strohm, CPA, Ernst & Young LLP
- Bob Thieman, CPA, Thieman Law Firm
- Michael Wagner, CPA, AmerisourceBergen-ICS
- Alyssa Yozwiak, CPA, Dean Dorton PLLC
Thank you to our sponsor Becker Professional Education.
Plans for an in-person 2021 program are already in the works; for more information contact Samantha Soutar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE KNOW YOU'RE ONE OF A KIND.
Does your future employer?
Mold the skills you need to stand out and elevate your opportunities at CAP U 2021.
June 4-5, 2021
A free program designed to:
Enhance professional skills
Master interviewing techniques to help edge out the competition for internships and jobs
Perfect networking and communication skills
Learn about career opportunities
College accounting, finance or business student enrolled at an accredited college or university in Kentucky or southern Indiana with the intent to (or already declared) major in accounting
Must be at least a sophomore, have completed two accounting courses, and be enrolled in the 2021 academic year for at least one semester
Maintained a 2.75 GPA
Demonstrated leadership potential