Weathering disasters together
For all Society members and Kentuckians impacted by the devastating storms and tornadoes, we are here to provide resources as they become available.
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any specific concerns.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) opens business recovery centers
Two Business Recovery Centers (BRCs) opened on Monday, August 15 in Elkhorn and Virgie in Pike County, Kentucky.
Click here for more information on these recovery centers
- IRS announces tax relief for Kentucky severe storms, flooding, landslide and mudslide victims
Kentucky — Victims of severe storms, flooding, landslides and mudslides beginning July 26, 2022, now have until November 15, 2022, to file various individual and business tax returns and make tax payments, the Internal Revenue Service announced August 1, 2022.
Click here to view details.
- The Kentucky Department of Revenue announced for taxpayers in counties designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance due to flooding
The Kentucky Department of Revenue will honor the recently announced IRS special tax relief for taxpayers in any area designated by FEMA as qualifying for individual assistance due to flooding. Individuals and households who reside or have a business in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Johnson, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike and Wolfe counties qualify for this income tax relief.
Click here for details.
Guest Jerry Shreiber, CPA, also known as "Master of Disaster", shares information and resources regarding disaster prep and recovery.
- A guide for CPAs to providing disaster assistance
- Documents referenced by Jerry Shreiber in the Disaster Losses for Tax Year 2021 Returns webinar on January 18, 2022
- AICPA Disaster Recovery Guide
- AICPA Benevolent Fund
- FEMA (Kentucky severe storms, straight-line winds, flooding and tornadoes)
- Help for individuals and families
- Local resources
- How to help
- Funding obligations
- U.S. Small Business Administration
Members helping members
Office Space Available
Members have offered to share office space. If you have space to share, email location/contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Space Needed
We have members who have reached out and are in need of office space. Contact email@example.com if you are in need of space.