KyCPA Behind the Numbers podcast covers relevant topics and information that involve accounting and the CPA profession.
If you have an idea for a topic, would like to sponsor and/or be a guest speaker on the podcast, please contact Angela White, KyCPA's business development manager at email@example.com
Click here to follow this podcast on Spotify.
Click here to subscribe via Apple Music.
Join our new host KyCPA Communications, Marketing and Creative Director, Kimberly Lindsey the second Wednesday of each month.
How KyCPA empowers Kentucky CPAs
In this episode we discuss how the Kentucky Society of CPAs (KyCPA) empowers Kentucky CPAs. We also introduce our new Membership Coordinator, Brittany McGill.
Disaster prep and recovery
Guest Jerry Shreiber, CPA, also known as "Master of Disaster," shares information and resources regarding disaster prep and recovery.
Click here for additional information and resources.
Growing the CPA pipeline and the Educational Foundation of the Ky. Society of CPAs
We answer the following questions:
- What are some of the obstacles to growing the CPA pipeline and how the Educational Foundation is able to help?
- How does the Educational Foundation help with awareness of the accounting profession?
- How does the Educational Foundation help with financial literacy?
Click here for more information or to donate to the Educational Foundation of the Kentucky Society of CPAs.
Please share with any college student studying accounting the scholarship applications link kycpa.org/edfoundation/scholarship. Applications are open until February 22, 2022 at 3 p.m. EST.
"The Secret to Happiness"
In this episode of KyCPA's Behind the Numbers, Dr. Kathleen Gosser, Director, Yum! Center for Global Franchise Excellence at the College of Business, University of Louisville shares "The Secret to Happiness."
KyCPA-PAC and advocacy updates
Anthony Allen, KyCPA government affairs director and KyCPA member Alan Long, managing member at Baldwin CPAs, speak about past and upcoming KyCPA advocacy efforts, legislative wins from last year and why to invest in the KyCPA-PAC.
Employee benefits (Part 1 of 2)
Greg Pope, managing partner at EY's Louisville office, speaks about changes to their benefits, including adding mental health offerings at no cost to employees. He also shares how they evaluate their benefits, exploring new employee benefits and more.
Employee benefits (Part 2 of 2)
Briana Whittle, senior HR generalist at Strothman and Company in Louisville, speaks about their newest employee benefits and what everyone should be considering when evaluating employee benefits, including attracting and retaining talented employees.
College accounting student, Ryan Brock, provides information regarding:
- how he became interested in accounting,
- why accounting is a great career choice,
- his experience as an intern at PwC,
- the importance and benefits of an internship,
- advice for others looking for an internship,
- utilizing KyCPA Accounting Interview Day and resources,
- why you should become a CPA,
- tips for studying for the CPA Exam,
- his other interests outside of accounting,
- his employment after he graduates
- and more.
To find out more about career opportunities as a CPA, visit kycpa.org/futurecpas.
Click here for additional interviews with accounting students and CPAs regarding accounting careers.
July 2021This episode includes:
- Black CPA Centennial information
- 40 under 40 Black CPA Awards (Application deadline: August 15, 2021)
- Kentucky’s first Black CPAs
- Insights on barriers Black professionals face, the roles their organizations play in helping overcome those barriers and what the CPA profession can do collectively to progress in achieving diversity, equity and inclusion
- KyCPAs Diversity and Inclusion Committee efforts
- The following KyCPA members share their CPA journey:
- Anne Brooks, Partner, PWC
- Kim Burse, retired and currently volunteers for many community organizations
- Olivia Davis, Lecturer, University of Kentucky
- Kevin Graham, Assurance Supervisor, Dean Dorton Allen Ford, PLLC
- LaTayna Henry, President, LMH Accounting and Consulting, LLC
- Nate Littles, Tax Supervisor, DMLO CPAs
Click here to listen to previous episodes.